What to expect
Microblading is a three (3) step process with a two (2) step procedure, 6 weeks apart
- Online consult form emailed
- Consultation in person
A consultation is required prior to scheduling the tattoo procedure. A $25 deposit is required and will be applied towards the cost of the procedure. The deposit is refundable if you are not a candidate or decide not to follow through with the procedure. Deposit it refundable up to one week prior to the procedure.
During consultation we will spend around 30 minutes collaboratively creating and deciding the shape that fits your face structure/features. Keep in mind finding the right shape, thickness and liking of your eyebrows is not like designing the dress/home/pinterest brows of your dreams, so please do not do hours of research and printing tons of pictures. Eyebrows are unique to each person and brows are sisters not twins.
Every single face has its own unique shape, contour and requirements. How cool is that!? With our knowledge and passion for brows, along with your ideas and collaboration we will determine the correct shape unique to you. #goteambrows
We do want you to spend your energy to determine that you are 100% sure about permanent cosmetic tattooing being the best fit for you and that you are open to suggestions from a licensed professional while choosing the look you’ll love, okay we will also accept 99.9% : ). This is why we offer/require the pre-consultation that will cover our plan to meet your expectation and reality and before you come in for the procedure.
Please come 20 minutes prior to start of appointment time for numbing application.
Synopsis on Consult (pre-brow tattoo)
As discussed above, all appointments require a consultation prior to the tattooing procedure, this will not occur on the same day as the procedure. We want to allow you the time needed to make this decision. During the consultation we will share the entire process. What microblading is, what shape/size it could/would be, what to expect and do prior, during and after the first session. We also explore possible color choices and desires.
Please come in make-up free but with your eyebrows filled in how you would shape them at home. Feel free to bring in your powders or pencils you use to fill them in. This helps determine color preference you have. To be clear no eye shadow, no foundation, no powder. Mascara and drawn on brows are acceptable.
Our goal, dream and desire is to give you the best results fathomable. That’s why we require the pre-consultation and do not allow same day booking. This is a long term commitment. We take it seriously.
IMPORTANT: We do require a $25 deposit that will be refunded or credited towards your first procedure upon arrival. We have a STRICT one (1) week cancellation policy, if “life happens” and you cancel within that one (1) week, you will forfeit your $25 deposit. So please no sad emojis nor hateful #’s.
For all Microblading guests: it is a one (1) week strict life happened policy. We require a $100 deposit, if rescheduling occurs within this time frame then the $100 + previous $25 deposit is forfeited.
Above all we appreciate you choosing BBW & More for your services!
How to be prepared & After Care
The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated.
Here’s how to get your skin ready for the procedure.
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before procedure
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one month prior to treatment
- Do not work out the day of the procedure
- Do not have botox 3 weeks prior
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days before the procedure.
- In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood). Tylenol only
Contraindications to Microblading
Who is not a candidate for Microblading?
So, now that microblading has piqued your interest, you’re probably wondering, “Is microblading right for me?” The process goes far beyond finding the right artist. It’s just as important to determine whether your skin is fit and ready to be tattooed. From your age, sensitivity to the condition and quality of your skin, a lot goes into the safety and effectiveness of the microblading process.
As an artist, my goal is always to ensure that you receive the best possible results from your treatment. This is heavily reliant on your skin being healthy, strong, and calm.
Unfortunately, pre-existing skin conditions and skin treatments can heavily compromise the effectiveness of microblading, leaving both you and I in an unfavorable situation. So, before you go ahead and call to book your consult appointment, read the pointers below to find out the contraindications to microblading…
- Anyone that is pregnant or breastfeeding
- Anyone under 23 years old
- No open wounds or sores in the brow area, nor any issues with wound healing
- Anyone on Accutane currently or within 6 months-1 year, they have an altered skin condition that will not heal well after the procedure.
- Anyone actively on chemotherapy.
- Anyone with Diabetes (unless well managed and doctor provides written release)
- Anyone with severe allergies or multiple allergies (unless doctor provides written release)
- If you have scars in your brow area please note depending on severity of scar tissue, cosmetic pigment may not retain well
- Prone to keloid scarring
- Currently on pain medication or antibiotic use
- under 18 years of age
- Latisse – Eyelash and eyebrow growth serum bring extra circulation (aka blood flow) to the area resulting in more growth of hair/lashes. Do not underestimate the power of these products! If you have been using Latisse or any other eyelash or eyebrow growth conditioners, the skin in that area is in a hypersensitive state and will bleed easily. Be mindful to discontinue using these at least 3-6 months before going in for a session otherwise you will instantly bleed profusely
- Previous Permanent Makeup – People who have previously had permanent makeup may want to change or fix what they have previously had done. Clients may have to consider laser removal prior to a procedure or ask the artist if they can work with their existing permanent makeup to incorporate the old design and colors into the new one. Always disclose if you’ve had previous permanent makeup so the artist can treat you accordingly.
- Skin Complications – If you have skin which is prone to complications with eczema, psoriasis, keratosis pilaris and dermatitis (i.e., your skin is constantly flaking, itching, or aggravated), chances are your skin is in a is in a constant state of unrest and shedding and is not suitable for tattooing and therefore won’t hold the pigment well.
- Chronic Conditions – The same goes for conditions like chronic acne and rosacea. The inherent nature of this type of skin causes easy bleeding, which once again means your skin will not retain the color very well and intended effect of microblading. Additionally, excessively oily skin can cause those tattooed hair strokes to blur together and give off an unwanted solid effect instead of a naturally feathered look.
- Other Conditions – have hemophilia, a heart condition, , it is absolutely not recommended that you get any form of permanent make up done as this puts you in a high-risk position. People who have heart issues often are on medications that thin the blood which will cause excessive bleeding and a poor result with microblading.
- Botox - Get Microblading done BEFORE you get botox so your muscles will be in a normal state of movement. Alternatively, if you regularly use botox, you will need to wait at 3 weeks after botox before doing microblading in order to allow the botox to settle in at its full effect.
- Vacationing - microblading is a tattoo and therefore is a mild injury to the skin which takes time to heal. If you are planning to go on a hot vacation involving sun, sweating, and swimming then make sure you give your skin two weeks to heal post microblading before showing off your newly microbladed brows on the beach and always protect with SPF on those new brows!
So, if you’re thinking you’re ready for a microblading procedure, it is important to know that the results of your permanent makeup will be based on the health and quality of your skin. Results will vary from person to person, and if you have a pre-existing skin condition or are on medications, you may still be eligible for a procedure but should adjust your expectations based on your situation. Like any procedure, every person is unique and will react differently. If all checks out and your skin is in good physical condition then we can move forward and create the brow just for you.
Check out some of our microblading pictures
*We reserve the right to withhold this service from anyone we feel is not a good candidate for their protection and ours. If you have a specific concern please do not hesitate to reach out to us PRIOR to requesting an appointment.